Bondo is set to put pen to paper on a three-year professional deal at the Stade Marcel Picot.The 15-year-old will extend his stay with the Ligue 2
Bondo is set to put pen to paper on a three-year professional deal at the Stade Marcel Picot.
The 15-year-old will extend his stay with the Ligue 2 side after he turns 16 on September 15.
Nancy claim Bondo, and fellow prospect Billel Hassaini, had been chased by “many clubs” before opting to stay put.
Liverpool and United are said to be among the teams who wanted to prise Bondo away from the north east of France.
Italian outlet Tutto Mercato Web also report Inter Milan, Juventus, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain have eyed him up.
Nancy have high hopes for France Under-17 international Bondo, who joined them from Bretigny last summer.
Nancy training director Patrick Gabriel talked up the youngster’s ability as his new deal was announced.
“He is a defensive midfielder or runner,” Gabriel said. “He is a player with power, aggression and a high volume of ability.”
Liverpool and Manchester United both have proud histories of bringing through starlets from their respective academies.
Both have cast their net wider for top prospects as the game has become increasingly globalised.
Liverpool prise Harvey Elliott away from Fulham and bought Sepp van den Berg from PEC Zwolle during the summer transfer window.
United, meanwhile, have been busy themselves with Johan Guadagno, Bjorn Hardley, Dillon Hoogewerf, Hannibal Mejbri and Mateo Mejia in their sights.
Liverpool also looked at a more ready-made, yet youthful, target in the form of Daniel James earlier this year.
However, the 21-year-old winger ended up heading to Old Trafford rather than their Anfield home.
James made his competitive debut for United last weekend as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and co. welcomed Chelsea to town.
And it was a game to remember, with the Welshman netting as United kicked off the new Premier League season with a 4-0 win.